The origin of true genius
1. (Dr. Hagelin:) This from a health writer in New York. There is growing interest in the scientific community about the potential of the human brain, including, attempting to locate the origins of genius in the brain. What does Maharishi see as the origin of true genius, and why do so many of our greatest geniuses, artists, scientists, musicians, seem to have such unbalanced and even unhappy lives?
2. Maharishi: Education. Education today does not train the brain physiology to be totally used in thinking or action.
3. Great so-called geniuses, Nobel prize winners in physics and chemistry, etc., are using their partial brain, and other aspects of their life are in bankruptcy.
4. There is only one experience that trains the total brain to function, and that is the experience of transcendental consciousness. That is why our formula for unfolding the latent genius in everyone is the practice of Transcendental Meditation.
5. That is why we have been recommending to the world one period a day in the classrooms. Students 10 to 15 years of age can be trained to make use of total brain in thinking, in feeling, in desiring, in speaking, in behaving.
6. During this student age in every generation one period a day in the classrooms: In half the period, give them experience; in the other half, explain to them intellectually what is all this about. 7. 20% of the population in schools will be creating coherence in national consciousness. That will be the basis of successful administration in the nation.
8. Vedic Literature gives the record of infinite creativity embedded in infinite silence.
9. What we are offering is reliable, authentic and easy to implement: Get into the groove and enjoy the float.
10. Unity consciousness is the aspiration of the wise of all ages. It has been talked about in terms of communion to the Almighty Will of God, or in scientific words, Natural Law. It is the most rewarding level of one’s own existence.
11. With large groups of yogic flyers, according to the population of the country, it is very simple for every government to be positive and fulfilling in every way.
12. It will not be necessary to amass destructive weapons because there will be no enemy to anyone.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi is considered one of the foremost scientists in the field of consciousness.
L’origine du vrai génie
1. (Dr. Hagelin:) Cela vient d’un écrivain sur la santé à New York. La communauté scientifique s’intéresse de plus en plus au potentiel du cerveau humain, notamment à la recherche des origines du génie dans le cerveau. Quelle est l’origine du vrai génie selon Maharishi, et pourquoi tant de nos plus grands génies, artistes, scientifiques, musiciens, semblent avoir des vies si déséquilibrées et même malheureuses?
2. Maharishi: L’éducation. De nos jours, l’éducation ne forme pas la physiologie du cerveau à être totalement utilisée dans la pensée ou l’action.
3. Les grands soi-disant génies, les prix Nobel de physique et de chimie, etc. utilisent leur cerveau partiellement, et d’autres aspects de leur vie sont en faillite.
4. Il n’y a qu’une seule expérience qui forme le cerveau total à fonctionner, et c’est l’expérience de la conscience transcendantale. C’est pourquoi notre formule pour déployer le génie latent en chacun est la pratique de la Méditation Transcendantale.
5. C’est pourquoi nous avons recommandé au monde une période par jour dans les salles de classe. Les élèves de 10 à 15 ans peuvent être formés à utiliser l’ensemble de leur cerveau pour penser, sentir, désirer, parler, se comporter.
6. Pendant cet âge d’étudiant dans chaque génération, une période par jour dans les salles de classe: dans la moitié de la période, donnez-leur l’expérience; dans l’autre moitié, expliquez-leur intellectuellement ce qu’il en est de tout cela.
7. 20% de la population scolaire va créer une cohérence dans la conscience nationale. Ce sera la base d’une administration couronnée de succès dans le pays.
8. La littérature védique donne le témoignage d’une créativité infinie dans un silence infini.
9. Ce que nous offrons est fiable, authentique et facile à mettre en œuvre: Entrez dans le rythme et appréciez de flotter.
10. La conscience d’unité est l’aspiration des sages de tous les âges. On en a parlé en termes de communion à la Volonté Toute-Puissante de Dieu, ou en termes scientifiques, de la Loi naturelle. C’est le niveau le plus gratifiant de notre propre existence.
11. Avec de grands groupes de yogis volants, selon la population du pays, il est très simple pour chaque gouvernement d’être positif et plénifiant à tous points de vue.
12. Il ne sera pas nécessaire d’amasser des armes destructrices parce qu’il n’y aura aucun ennemi pour personne.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi est considéré comme l’un des plus grands scientifiques dans le domaine de la conscience.
Maharishi on the origin of true genius, Press Conference 14.05.2003
Question: There is growing interest in the scientific community about the potential of the human brain, including attempting to locate the origins of consciousness in the brain. What does Maharishi see as the origin of true genius? And why do some so many of our great geniuses – artists, scientists, musicians – seem to have lived such unbalanced, even unhappy lives?
Maharishi: Education. Education of art, science, and commerce, is not graphic, is not total education. It does not train the brain physiology to be totally used in the thinking or action. Very partial use of the brain is utilized in any field of knowledge or action. All this, called the great geniuses, Nobel Peace prize winners in physics and in chemistry and this and this and this. Their partial brain is used. Only partial brain is used. Look to the other aspects of their life. They are in bankruptcy.
Education today is very fragmented. It does not use total brain in thinking, speaking, and action. No, the only one experience that trains the total brain to function, there is only one experience. There is only one experience. One thousand times we can repeat it. There is only one experience which makes use of total brain physiology and that is the experience of abstract emptiness. Abstract emptiness. In the vedic literature the word is ‘Atyantabhava’, absolute abstraction. When absolute abstraction is clearly comprehended, that comprehension requires all aspects of the brain to be lively. That simply means transcendental consciousness experience, transcendental consciousness experience. The experience of transcendental consciousness is the only experience that requires total brain physiology to function at a time. That is why our formula for unfolding the latent genius in every one is through practice of transcendental meditation. Practice of transcendental meditation takes the mind, takes the awareness to comprehend clearly the absolute abstraction, the vacuum state clearly and in that eternal silence is the seat of infinite dynamism.
Total brain functioning means, total brain activating the potential of infinite dynamism and that is the experience of infinite silence, transcendental consciousness. There is nothing other than this experience that can ever utilize or make lively the functioning of total brain. That is why we recommend, we have been recommending to the world one period a day in the classrooms, one period a day in the classrooms. In that age of 10-20 years, something like that, like that. This 10-15 years of age group in every country can be trained to make use of total brain in thinking, in feeling, in desiring, in speaking, in behaving.
Total Brain. And total brain is cosmic potential of creativity. Cosmic potential of creativity. Total Brain. Now this science has found out, physics has located unified field. Unified field is field without boundaries. No boundaries. No boundaries. Only the experience of the field without boundaries, a proper experience, a sharp experience, a clear experience of the field will train the functioning of the brain physiology to function in a manner to make use of the total potential of dynamism and silence both – infinite silence, infinite dynamism, when the total brain can be functioning at a time.
So during this student age in every generation one period a day in the classrooms. In half the period give them experience like this and in the other half explain to them intellectually what this is all about. Give them intellectual understanding in half the period and give them direct experience in half the period, 15-20 minutes, like that, like that and this will bring out about 20% of the population of each country creating coherence in the national consciousness. Coherent national consciousness will be the basis of successful administration in the nation. Successful administration means the Administrator will be fulfilled, he will be happy and the Administered will be happy. Nobody will make mistakes. So the Administrator will not have to punish anyone. Lots of energy, national energy goes in punishing the criminals, in punishing those who speak wrong things, who do wrong behavior, like that. So the whole Administration will become easy, will become more positive, will become more purposeful. Otherwise, today’s thing is: neither the Administrator is happy nor the Administered is happy. So there is unhappiness on both sides because total brain functioning is not trained. No one is trained. Individuals are not given that education by the Administration that will make use of the total brain functioning. That is why things are not very satisfactory. Nobody is satisfied today. And when nobody is satisfied today then we have to think what should be some thing new which is not yet in practice in society which will make everything right and this we came out to be, to have proven through the programming, through the scriptural authority.
Vedic literature is highly authentic literature for ages. It has been a record. People understanding it differently is a different thing. But the record of infinite creativity embedded in infinite silence, this record is there. That is vedic literature. Vedic literature has a record. If it is misunderstood or is not properly utilized it’s the fault of every generation. But as principle, as a record of the most successful and brilliant quality of society, the record is there, the knowledge is there, theory is there, program is there. Authenticity is proven throughout the ages. What more one can demand except get in to the Group and enjoy the float.
So what we are offering is reliable, authentic, very easy for the government, very easy for every governed people, for every religion. This is the result of life for every religion. This is the result of life for every religion. This is the Light of God, Natural Law, Total Natural Law. John Hagelin has defined it in terms of higher states of consciousness. He mentioned the word unity consciousness. That is the aspiration of the wise of all ages. Unity consciousness, higher states of consciousness. It’s a talk in terms of communion to the Almighty Will of God. Now in this scientific age we say Natural Law. It’s the same thing. Whether we call it Natural Law or we call it this Will of God, whatever we call, whatever we call, the content is the same and that is most rewarding level of one’s own existence and the existence of all together, unity consciousness. Very beautiful record, very beautiful knowledge, very beautiful technology of knowledge, to put it to practice. Everything is completely ready. We put it to practice and fortunately in our generation we got the aspiration from Guru Dev, from our tradition of Vedic Masters. That ancient record has not been properly used. Now we begin to use it and we create all these peace palaces according to the system of cosmic intelligence, higher intelligence which dictates the front of the building should always be facing the rising sun where the most healthy rays enter the entrance of the house and all those. Everything is set in the best interest of life. That interest of life means, in the cosmic interest, in the global interest where the individual is not deprive of his cosmic potential.
It’s a very great joy to talk about it, to discuss about it, to give it to others, to enjoy, to train teachers of it, to build houses for it, peace palaces for it, and to have individuals in every country, some small group of thousand somewhere, 500 hundred somewhere, 200-300 somewhere depending on the population of the country. It is very, very simple and within our reach for every government of ours in the world to be completely easy, positive, fulfilling in every way, fulfilling in every way…